The Maryville, Tennessee wedding of Alicia and Hunter.
Alicia and Hunter’s wedding was a perfect end to my 2017 season. I worked for Alicia’s dad, Artie, right out of college for a few years, wayyyy back in the day. When Alicia was 12 or so. We used to play Rockband at Artie’s house during our lunch breaks, and I always remembered how strong and amazing Alicia was, being surrounded by so many men in her house (she has THREE brothers).
And then, in an instant, it was her turn to be married. All through our time together, I couldn’t contain my excitement for her, for seeing her family again, and for capturing her memories with Hunter.
And when the day came, I cried. So many times. These two wonderful souls, and their families, brought so much love that day, so much spirit, and so much joy.
I’m so happy I could be there to celebrate with these amazing people. From the first look with her brothers and dad, to her mom attempting the worm on the dance floor, this day was so so special. Congratulations, Alicia and Hunter. Thank you so much for inviting me to capture your day.
Things I loved about Alicia and Hunter’s wedding:
- They were married in December, so they made sure their ceremony was early enough to still get that good light for portraits!
- Alicia did a first look with her dad and brothers, and it was perfect.
- Everyone danced all night long. Some of my favorite dancing photos ever are below.
- They had the BEST wedding food I’ve ever had. And they were sweet enough to save a spot at a table for Mike and I (he came to assist me). We really felt like part of the family.
- Their bubble exit! They decided to do an exit right after the ceremony, so everyone could enjoy such a fun time, and we had the best light for it!
Photography: Steph Smith Weddings / Venue: Blount Community Church and Hilton Knoxville Airport / Florist: Mulberries Floral Design / DJ: Music in Motion / Bakery: Piece of Cake Bakery / HMUA: Whitney Tucker and Suzanne Clayton / Dress: White Lace and Promises / Groom: Joseph A. Bank